Monday, June 29, 2009

We Interrupt this Broadcast

A brief pause in the music scene for a bit because, hey, I never said this was a music blog nor do I intend it to be. It just happened to be that the everlasting battle of what music genre is best or hit songs vs. complete albums struck a chord with me at the time. For (great, if I do say so myself) music-based opinions, recommendations, and, well, just plan music (songs and whatnot), check out my good friend Boy Wonder at http://emoboywonder.blogspot.com/. Very good stuff, let me tell you. I recommend for anyone in or wanting to get in the rock, pop-punk, or electronica scene. Scratch that, I recommend for anyone really. Seriously, his reviews are top-notch; check them out. Plus, you don't have to worry about him bashing your favorite artist or something. He posts what he enjoys, and I hope you enjoy it, too. Alright, enough shameless whoring. This turned into a music post without my intending...


GRADUATION <-- it's a word you always throw around, an event you know is coming, yet when it hits you, it hits you hard but in the slow-progressively-getting-more-noticed kind of way. Put it this way, when the ceremony is over, all you think about is must get pictures with all my friends. Then, summer hits, and you have all your plans either travelling, working, preparing for the upcoming fall, simply hanging out, or some sort of combination of the aforementioned possibilities. Slowly but surely, for most people, that day on your calendar circled in red marked "MOVE-IN DAY" crawls closer and closer. And you begin to realize, this is it. This is a new beginning (of course thought in less groundbreaking, cliche terms, more like "oh, fuck"). I can't comment on how it will be the week before everyone disperses across the country because I haven't reached that point myself. I'll jump off that bridge when I get to it (crossing is just way to easy and I like a bit of an adrenaline rush). For now, I'm going to make the most of my summer: travelling in foreign countries, working for a bit of spending money, and hanging out with old friends, new friends, best friends, and friends I hope to not let go. No need for teary goodbyes when we get to the point of send-offs because we didn't see enough of each other. Just one last hug and a "see you later" will suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment