Friday, August 21, 2009

Recipe for College

So, I have just begun my career as a college student. Exciting, no? Welcome Week was really fun: meeting new people, exploring the campus, seeing Anjelah Johnson/Bon Qui Qui perform (a personal favorite; ahh, private school), going on retreat, and *shudder* actually classes and learning. Here's my take so far...

Welcome Week/1st Week of Classes (shaken, not stirred for better results)
  • 1 part anxiety (nervous or excited will do)
  • ? parts boxes (filled with necessities and dorm stuffs; everyone has a different number he or she needs to move-in)
  • 4-6 parts classes (get creative with this one; variety leads to different results)
  • 2 parts awkward social situations (my personal favorite is the "meeting Facebook friends for real" but you may prefer the always lovely "ice-breaker game")
  • 3 parts activities (so many options, so little time; choices include, but are not limited to, retreats, dances, concerts, parties, and beach trips -provided you are near one)
Throw everything into a cocktail shaker, and shake well. Or if you want a very well mixed concoction, throw it all in a blender. Once satisfied, pour slowly into a glass of your choice. I myself like the martini glass; looks classy and reminiscent of Sex and the City, though I never watched it. Garnish with good-byes and photos/posters to decorate, and if you really want a kick, sprinkle in some tears of the parental variety. I, for one, did not, but hey, sometimes they can't be help.

Sip slowly (or down it in one gulp) and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment